Accountant / Contract Manager
For over 34 years Inter-Fluve has been the leading water resources engineering firm specializing in river restoration. Projects are located all over the U.S. and internationally and include dam removals, watershed planning, salmon habitat restoration and recovery, river bank stabilization, storm water planning, lake construction, fly fishing streams, and other water related projects.
Our dedicated team of out-door-focused and self-starting professionals share their passion for nature through their service to clients. We apply a broad range of science and engineering skills to investigate and design restoration, enhancement and recovery solutions for degraded wetland, lake, riverine and estuary environments. Throughout our history the corporate focus has always been on an ever-increasing desire to explore, question and advance our craft from the knowledge and experience passed down by those who came before, as well as what we gain through collaboration with others.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Accounting Manager in our Hood River, Oregon office to support the ongoing growth of the organization and collaborate with our professional staff to serve our clients. This will be a full-time position. The position will be required to undertake all aspects of company accounting systems, including: regulatory and financial reporting, project budgeting, reporting and invoicing and monthly financial statements. The ideal candidate is well-organized, resourceful, innovative, and pays great attention to detail. This person will be a motivated, quick-learner, and have a great attitude with follow-through. The person will be able to juggle multiple tasks and work with a range of staff across the country.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Manage all accounting operations including Payroll, Accounts Receivable (AR), Accounts Payable (AP), General Ledger (GL), Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Coordinate the preparation of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) compliant indirect cost rate
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Prepare month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal
- Job Delivery: Learn Inter-Fluve’s project management systems and standards. Partner with project managers to ensure that projects meet internal performance requirements in areas such as project budgets, contracts, billing, documentation, communication, and quality control. Have a thorough understanding of the overall scope of work for each project assigned. Train new project managers on internal systems and project delivery requirements and expectations.
- Job Budget & Financial: Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of overall project budget and financial status. Work with project managers to establish budgets and contracts. Monitor labor charges, expenses, subcontractor invoices, and other costs. Work closely with the project managers and other accounting staff to expedite the client invoicing process. Act as point-of-contact for any client, subcontractor or internal team member on questions related to project finances.
- Project Reporting: Work closely with project managers, quality reviewers, and accounting staff to lead the successful and timely delivery of the month-end reporting process, which involves a review of overall project health, earned value analysis, project invoicing, schedule review, and workload forecasting.]
- Project Setup and Closeout: Assist with contracts/subcontracts and amendments. Set up and manage electronic project files. Work closely with Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to ensure project contracts, subcontracts and insurance are on file. Upon project closeout, collect remaining materials from the project team to incorporate into master project file. Manage/coordinate the archiving process for project files
- Team Effectiveness: Build relationships with project managers and team members, assist project managers to lead project team through coordination and communication.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 3-years of experience in accounting and/or finance
- CPA or CMA is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar equivalent degree
- Appreciation of the outdoors
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures required
- Candidate should be able to anticipate project needs and identify work assignments independently
- Candidate should be comfortable working directly with technical staff
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are essential
- Successful candidate will be proactive, self-motivated and able to excel at working with local and virtual teams
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize required
- Candidate must be willing to work occasional over-time
- Position may require some travel to other offices (~10%)
- Experience with creating financial statements a plus
- Experience with Ajera or Deltek financial software a plus
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process a plus
- Candidate should be highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with computer network and/or voice technology systems is a plus
- Car and valid driver’s license required
- Some lifting and/or moving of equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Driving and occasional assistance with field work
- Working on printers & other office equipment when necessary (light maintenance)
Benefits & Compensation
- Our target salary is $55K-$65K, dependent upon experience
- We offer an overall competitive compensation package depending on experience that includes: paid time off, health plan, 401(k) plan with match, and profit sharing
- As an employee-owned organization, we offer future ownership opportunities to all staff
- For those site visits and outdoor adventures, we have outdoor clothing and equipment, and pro-deal connections with a number of outdoor focused companies
- We will also provide relocation assistance to beautiful Hood River, Oregon. Hood River is located in the Columbia River Gorge, a National Scenic Area, and has been featured on the list of Best Places to Live for its livability, and abundant outdoor recreational opportunities.
If you would like to apply, please submit a Resume & Cover Letter via email to [email protected]. All inquiries will be handled confidentially. EEO.