Engineer – Hydraulic Modeler
Inter-Fluve, Inc. has an immediate full-time opening for an Engineer -Hydraulic Modeler. This professional is required to have background in the fluvial geomorphology, river ecology, and the hydrology and hydraulics of natural river systems. Experience with dam removal, natural channel restoration, bioengineering, and fish habitat restoration is preferred. Candidates must have a strong background in hydraulic modeling, utilizing 2-D HEC-RAS software and at least one other 2-D hydraulic modeling program. Ideally, candidates should have experience in site civil design, GIS, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and sediment transport modeling.
Responsibilities will include engineering design of stream restoration projects, which will involve hydrologic analysis, hydraulic modeling, engineering analysis of project features, support of fluvial geomorphic evaluations, RTK GPS and Total Station surveying, , basic AutoCad drafting, development of technical specifications, technical reporting, and construction oversight and management. This job will require travel and physically demanding field work in remote locations. Past experience with stream restoration design or river engineering analysis is required.
- BS or MS degree in Civil Engineering. In lieu of an MS in Civil Engineering, the candidate must have an advanced degree in either geology, geomorphology, hydrology, ecology, or fisheries.
- EIT Certified. A Licensed Professional Engineer is preferred.
- Ability to independently complete computations and 2-D H&H models for surface water systems is required.
- Experience and ability to develop plans, specifications, and construction costs in collaboration with an interdisciplinary design team is required.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience with a stream restoration or civil engineering consulting firm.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred.
- Total Station and/or RTK GPS surveying experience required. Experience with drone-based surveying, bathymetric surveying, and other remote-sensing based surveying techniques and equipment is a plus.
- Experience with groundwater measurement and analysis, surface and groundwater interactions, basin-scale hydrologic modeling, and sediment transport analysis is a plus.
- Experience with construction oversight and management a plus.
- Interest in field work is required.
Inter-Fluve, Inc offers a competitive compensation package, depending on experience, that includes paid time off, health plan, 401k with match and more.
Work location is Hood River, Oregon, but travel to project locations is anticipated.
Please submit a resume and letter of interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be handled confidentially. EEO.