Environmental CAD/Drafting Specialist
Inter-Fluve, Inc. has an immediate full time opening in our Madison, WI or St. Paul, MN office for a CAD designer with an emphasis in water resources restoration and engineering for rivers, lakes and wetlands. Primary responsibilities will include support of the design teams in all aspects of CAD design from site interpretation to final design package, development of CAD model illustrations and other computer-generated graphics. Secondary responsibilities may include field survey as well as RTK GPS and total station survey.
- Four plus years of related experience. Experience with engineering and architecture plans and specification (construction and permitting plans, drainage, grading, and excavation) desirable. Degree preferred but experience is key, particularly with drafting for stream restoration projects.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D/LDD computer systems and programs and ability to be productive rapidly. Strong computer background and familiarity with common office applications. Familiarity with creating digital terrain models from topographic survey data, and manipulation of DTMs to represent proposed grading plans. Familiarity with use and analysis of LiDAR and Structure from Motion data is a plus.
- Ability to keep track of the global goals and “see the big picture” while focusing on the details.
- Must have the ability to travel to remote areas safely and effectively to undertake fieldwork.
- Familiarity with MicroStation, GIS, GPS, total station survey, Google Sketchup, InDesign, or other landscape architecture style drawing software is a plus, as is the ability to create artistic renderings of project elements using CAD or other software for applicability to a broad audience.
- Background in science, particularly water resources, geology, or biology is preferred.
- The applicant needs to be self-motivated, able to multi-task, work independently on assignments with minimal supervision, be able to adhere to verbal and written instructions and be quality-oriented.
- Good communication and customer relationship skills are required.
- Candidate must be a US citizen.
Inter-Fluve, Inc offers a competitive compensation package, depending on experience, that includes paid time off, health plan, 401k with match and more. Work location is Madison, WI or St. Paul, MN but travel to project locations is anticipated.
Please submit a resume and letter of interest via email to email@example.com. All inquiries will be handled confidentially. EEO.