Inter-Fluve, Inc. has an immediate opening for an experienced Financial Controller position in our Hood River, Bozeman, or Saint Paul office. This will be a full-time position.
The position will be required to undertake all aspects of company finances, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, and monthly financial statements.
The ideal candidate is well organized resourceful, innovative, and pays great attention to detail. This person will be motivated a quick learner and have a great attitude with follow through. The person will be able to juggle multiple tasks and work with a range of staff across the country.
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Key Responsibilities:
- Manage all accounting operations including Payroll, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Coordinate the preparation of FAR compliant indirect cost rate
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Project/Job Delivery: Learn Inter-Fluve’s project management systems and standards. Partner with project managers to ensure that all projects meet internal performance requirements in areas such as budget, contract. billing, documentation, communication, and quality control. Have a thorough understanding of the overall scope of work for each project assigned. Train new project managers on internal systems and project delivery requirements and expectations
- Project/Job Budget/Financial: Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of overall project budget and financial status. Work with project managers to establish budgets and contracts. Monitor labor charges. expenses, subcontractor invoices, and other costs. Work closely with the project managers and other accounting staff to expedite the client invoicing process. Act as point of contact for any client, subcontractor or internal team member on questions related to project finances.
- Project Reporting: Work closely with project managers. quality reviewers, and accounting staff to lead the successful and timely delivery of the month end reporting process, which involves a review of overall project health, earned value analysis, project invoicing, schedule review, and workload forecasting.
- Project Setup and Closeout: assist with contracts/subcontracts and amendments. Set up and manage electronic project files. Work closely with CFO to ensure project contracts, subcontracts and insurance are on file. Upon project closeout, collect remaining materials from the project team to incorporate into master project file. Manage/coordinate the archiving process for project files
- Team Effectiveness: Build relationships with project managers and team members, assist project managers to lead project team through coordination and communication.
Experience & Education
- Minimum 5-years of experience in accounting and/or finance.
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar equivalent degree
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures required.
- Candidate should be able to anticipate project needs and identify work assignments independently
- Candidate should be comfortable working directly with technical staff
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are essential
- Successful candidate will be proactive, self-motivated and able to excel at working with local and virtual teams.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize required
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment required
- Ability to work under multiple deadline pressures required.
- Candidate must be willing to work occasional over-time.
- Position may require some travel to other offices (~10%).
- Experience with creating financial statements a plus.
- Experience with Ajera or Deltek financial software a plus
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process a plus
- Candidate should be highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Power Point, and MS Project skills are a plus.
- Experience with computer network and/or voice technology systems is a plus
- Car and valid driver’s license required.
- Some lifting and/or moving of equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Driving and occasional assistance with field work.
- Working on printers & other office equipment when necessary (light maintenance)
Inter-Fluve, Inc. is a water resources engineering firm specializing in river restoration. Projects are located all over the U.S. and internationally and includes dam removals, watershed planning, salmon habitat restoration and recovery, river bank stabilization, storm water planning, lake construction, fly fishing streams, and other water related projects.
We offer a competitive compensation package depending on experience that includes paid time off, health plan, 401k plan with match and more. Please submit a resume and letter of interest via email to [email protected] All inquiries will be handled confidentially. EEO. Visit our website at: www.interfluve.com
Compensation: Depends on experience.