We have a current opening for an experienced restoration professional in our St. Paul, Minnesota office to support the ongoing growth of the organization and to collaborate with our professional staff to serve our clients. This is a full-time position.
Firm Description: For more than 34 years Inter-Fluve has been the leading water resources engineering firm specializing in river restoration. We work on across the U.S. and internationally on projects that include dam removal, watershed planning, fish habitat restoration and recovery, river bank toe stabilization, bioengineering, and other water-related projects.
Our dedicated team of outdoor-focused and self-starting professionals share their passion for nature through their service to our clients. We apply a broad range of science and engineering skills to investigate and design restoration, enhancement, and recovery solutions for degraded wetland, lake, riverine, and estuary environments. Throughout our history the corporate focus has always to explore, question, and advance our craft from the knowledge and experience passed down from those who came before and that we gain through collaboration with others.
Visit our website to learn more about our story at www.interfluve.com.
Position Description: Inter-Fluve, Inc. is seeking an experienced Engineer, Engineer-in-Training, fluvial geomorphologist, ecologist, fisheries biologist, or other restoration professional. The ideal candidate will have experience/training in hydrology, hydraulics, fluvial processes, and geomorphology to be able to assist in the assessment, design, and construction of river and wetland restoration projects.
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience on river, stream, wetland and/or floodplain restoration projects
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant field
- Valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated passion for river and wetland restoration
- Training and/or experience in engineering hydrology, open channel hydraulics, and design engineering
- Experience in drafting/designing with Autodesk Civil 3D, including preparation of design plans
- Experience in hydraulic modeling with HEC-RAS
- Experience in, or willingness to learn, design engineering and preparation of construction documents
- Experience in, or willingness to learn, construction observation and construction administration and engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to periodically travel within the region and nationally for field and office work, occasionally for extended periods (multiple weeks) with physically demanding field work in remote locations
- Inter-Fluve, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package, depending on experience, that includes paid time off, health plan, 401k with match and more.
- Inter-Fluve is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. All inquiries will be handled confidentially.
- If you would like to apply, please submit a resume & cover letter via email to [email protected]
Click here for a PDF of this job announcement.