We have an immediate opening for an experienced Engineer in our Saint Paul, Minnesota office to support the ongoing growth of the organization and to collaborate with our professional staff to serve our clients. This is a full-time position.
Firm Description: For more than 35 years Inter-Fluve has been on the forefront of river restoration. Our interdisciplinary team integrates biological and physical sciences with engineering to develop solutions to complex puzzles interplaying between fish, wildlife, estuaries, wetlands and humans in systems ranging from alpine to coastal, rural to urban. We work across the US and internationally on projects that include dam removal, watershed planning, fish habitat restoration and recovery, wetland recreation, estuary restoration, river bank stabilization, and other water-related projects.
Our dedicated team of outdoor-focused and self-starting professionals share their passion for natural resources through their service to clients. Throughout our history, our focus has been to explore, question, and advance our craft – building from past experience and through interdisciplinary collaboration.
Visit our website to learn more about our story at www.interfluve.com.
Position Description: Inter-Fluve is seeking a Senior Engineer to primarily support Midwest projects, but also to support our national and international aquatic restoration consulting practice. The ideal candidate will have experience/training in engineering, hydrology, hydraulics, fluvial processes, and geomorphology to be able to assist in the assessment, design, and construction of river, estuary, stream, and wetland restoration projects.
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota; responses with preferences for other Midwest regional offices will be accepted and evaluated.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 15 years of experience working on river, stream, wetland and floodplain restoration projects is strongly preferred
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience and training is required
- Professional Engineering Licensure
- Valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated passion for aquatic ecological restoration
- Experience in engineering hydrology, open channel hydraulics, and water resources design engineering
- Training and/or experience in fluvial processes and stream geomorphology
- Experience in hydraulic modeling, including HEC-RAS
- Experience with preparation of construction documents including plans, specifications and opinions of probable construction costs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with construction observation and construction administration and engineering
- Ability to periodically travel within the region and nationally for field and office work, occasionally for extended periods (multiple weeks) with field work in remote locations
Competencies – preferred, though not required:
- Training and/or experience with topographic surveying using total station or GPS-RTK equipment
- Training and/or experience in hydraulic or sedimentation engineering, river mechanics, and fish passage engineering
- Familiarity in the fields of aquatic ecology, fisheries, and botany
- Inter-Fluve offers a competitive compensation package that includes paid time off, health plan, 401(k) plan with match, and more.
- Inter-Fluve is an employee-owned business with stock ownership options available to eligible employees.
- Inter-Fluve is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. All inquiries will be handled confidentially.
- This position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- If you would like to apply, please submit a Resume & Cover Letter via email to [email protected]