We have an immediate opening for an experienced Engineer in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office to support the ongoing growth of the organization and to collaborate with our professional staff to serve our clients. This is a full-time position.
Firm Description: For over 34 years Inter-Fluve has been the leading water resources engineering firm specializing in river restoration. Projects are located all over the U.S. and internationally and include dam removals, watershed planning, fish habitat restoration and recovery, river bank stabilization, storm water planning, lake construction, restoration of fly-fishing streams, and other water-related projects.
Our dedicated team of out-door-focused and self-starting professionals share their passion for nature through their service to clients. We apply a broad range of science and engineering skills to investigate and design restoration, enhancement, and recovery solutions for degraded wetland, lake, riverine, and estuary environments. Throughout our history the corporate focus has always been on an ever-increasing desire to explore, question, and advance our craft from the knowledge and experience passed down from those who came before and that we gain through collaboration with others.
Visit our website to learn more about our story at www.interfluve.com.
Position Description: Inter-Fluve, Inc. is seeking an Engineer or Engineer in Training. The ideal candidate will have experience/training in engineering, hydrology, hydraulics, fluvial processes, and geomorphology to be able to assist in the assessment, design, and construction of river and wetland restoration projects.
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Demonstrated passion for river and wetland restoration
- Training and/or experience in engineering hydrology, open channel hydraulics, and design engineering
- Experience or willingness to learn drafting/designing with Autodesk Civil 3D, including preparation of design plans
- Expressed intent to seek professional engineering licensure
- Experience or willingness to learn design engineering and preparation of construction documents
- Experience or willingness to learn construction observation and construction administration and engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to periodically travel within the region and nationally for field and office work, occasionally for extended periods (multiple weeks).
Experience & Qualifications:
- Postgraduate degree and a minimum of 2 years of working experience on river, stream, wetland and floodplain projects is preferred.
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience and training is required.
- Engineering in Training Licensure
- Car and valid driver’s license required
- Training and/or experience with topographic surveying using total stations or GPS-RTK equipment
- Training and/or experience in fluvial processes and stream geomorphology
- Experience in one-dimensional hydraulic modeling and/or other hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
- Training and/or experience in hydraulic or sedimentation engineering, river mechanics, and fish passage engineering
- Familiarity in the fields of aquatic ecology, fisheries, and/or botany
- This job will occasionally require travel and physically demanding field work in remote locations
Benefits & Compensation:
- We offer a competitive compensation package that includes paid time off, health plan, 401(k) plan with match, and profit sharing
- As an employee-owned organization, we offer future ownership opportunities to staff
- For those site visits and outdoor adventures, we have outdoor clothing and equipment pro-deal connections with a number of outdoor focused companies
- Inter-Fluve is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
- This position will remain open until filled. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- If you would like to apply, please submit a Resume & Cover Letter via email to [email protected]
- All inquiries will be handled confidentially