AutoCAD Civil3D Drafter/Designer – MA, ME, OR, MN, WI
We have a current opening for an AutoCAD Civil 3D drafter. The position may be based out of any one of the following office locations:
- Cambridge, MA
- Damariscotta, ME
- Hood River, OR
- Saint Paul, MN
- Lodi, WI
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter via email to [email protected] and include ‘AutoCAD Civil3D Drafter/Designer’ in the subject line.
Since 1984, Inter-Fluve has been a leading water resources science and engineering firm specializing in aquatic ecosystem restoration. We have worked across the United States and internationally on projects that focus on all phases and applications of aquatic habitat restoration, including watershed analysis; stream and wetland assessment; dam removal and fish passage restoration; river, wetland, and floodplain restoration; restoration of estuarine habitats; and other water-related projects.
Our dedicated team of professionals share their passion for nature through their service to our clients. We apply a broad range of science and engineering skills to investigate and design restoration, enhancement, and recovery solutions for degraded riverine, wetland, estuarine and lake environments. Throughout our history, our company’s focus has always been to collaborate, explore, question, and advance our craft.
Visit our website to learn more about our story at www.interfluve.com.
We are seeking candidates skilled in working with AutoCAD Civil 3D software to support design of stream restoration projects. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge and experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D software, and interest in or experience with aquatic ecosystems.
Location: Any of the following: Cambridge, MA, Damariscotta, ME, Hood River, OR, Saint Paul, MN, Lodi, WI
We currently operate on a hybrid schedule where employees are expected to be in the office at least 3 days a week, Monday – Friday. Employees may elect to work from home for up to 2 days a week, if and when job duties allow (e.g. field work and in person meetings take precedence.)
Approximately 20% of the work for this position will be field-based, though time will vary seasonally. Longer field days and/or inconsistent work schedule may be required during certain seasons, such as summer and fall.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field and two to five years’ work experience in a similar position.
- In-depth knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D software, including working with surfaces, alignments and profiles.
- Experience adhering to drafting standards to produce engineering plan sets.
- Attention to detail and ability to review drafts before submitting to team.
- Ability to work efficiently and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work with a large team with multiple communication styles.
- Curiosity and willingness to ask questions and seek out answers.
- Commitment to equity and inclusion.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Experience managing large data sets.
- The ability to travel to remote areas safely and efficiently to undertake fieldwork.
- Familiarity with total station and RTK GPS survey methods.
- Background in natural sciences or engineering, particularly water resources, natural resources, geology, or biology.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS and HEC-RAS software.
- Understanding of issues of the environment from a non-white perspective (for example, Indigenous, Black, and/or Latinx relationships to water and place.)
Essential duties may include the following:
- Processing and working with raw survey data.
- Developing existing site plans and digital terrain models (e.g., topographic contour maps, TIN surfaces) from LiDAR data sets and ground-based elevation data.
- Attend design meetings and communicate with design teams.
- Develop and modify digital terrain models to represent proposed conditions for use in grading plans and hydraulic models.
- Develop digital representations of design features and engineering details.
- Prepare and revise plan sets to support engineering design, permitting applications, project construction and as-built documentation.
- Calculate quantities to support construction and permitting documentation.
- Conduct field work, topographic and bathymetric surveys, construction observation, installation of data loggers, etc.
- Attend weekly workload coordination meetings and work closely with drafting team to meet project deadlines.
- Timely completion of timesheets and expense reports, and completion of assigned work tasks within project budgets.
- Participate in performance feedback discussions, seek out work, give and receive feedback.
- Additional duties as required.
Benefits & Compensation
Inter-Fluve, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package that includes paid time off, 100% employer paid health plan, 401k with employer contribution after waiting period, paid leave family or medical leave when eligible, and more.
The expected salary for this position will be dependent on applicant experience, is anticipated to be within the range of: $50,000 – $70,000.
Inter-Fluve is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, veteran status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. All inquiries will be handled confidentially.
This position will remain open until filled.