AutoCAD Civil 3D Drafter/Designer
We have a current opening for a AutoCAD Civil 3D drafter based out of our Hood River, Oregon office. This position is a full-time position.
Firm Description: Since 1984, Inter-Fluve has been a leading water resources science and engineering firm specializing in river restoration. We have worked across the United States and internationally on projects that include dam removal, aquatic habitat restoration, wetlands assessment, floodplain restoration, watershed analysis, estuary restoration, and other water-related projects.
Our dedicated team of professionals share their passion for nature through their service to our clients. We apply a broad range of science and engineering skills to investigate and design restoration, enhancement, and recovery solutions for degraded riverine, wetland, estuarine and lake environments. Throughout our history, our company’s focus has always been to collaborate, explore, question, and advance our craft.
Position Description: We are seeking candidates skilled in working with AutoCAD Civil 3D software to support design of stream restoration projects. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge and experience with AutoCAD software, and interest in or experience with aquatic ecosystems.
Location: Hood River, Oregon.
- In-depth knowledge of AutoCAD software
- Experience processing and working with raw survey data to develop site plans and digital terrain models (e.g., topographic contour maps, TIN surfaces).
- Experience adhering to drafting standards to produce engineering plan sets which include surfaces, alignments, and profile views
- Attention to detail and ability to review drafts before submitting to team
- Ability to work efficiently and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work with a large team with multiple communication styles
- Curiosity and willingness to ask questions and seek out answers.
- Commitment to equity and inclusion.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Experience developing and modifying digital terrain models to represent existing and proposed conditions and configuring them for use in grading plans and hydraulic models.
- Experience managing large data sets
- The ability to travel to remote areas safely and efficiently to undertake fieldwork.
- Familiarity with total station and RTK GPS survey methods.
- Background in natural sciences or engineering, particularly water resources, natural resources, geology, or biology.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS and HEC-RAS software
- Understanding of issues of the environment from a non-white perspective (for example, Indigenous, Black, and/or Latinx relationships to water and place.)
- Inter-Fluve, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package that includes paid time off, health plan, 401k with match, and more.
- Inter-Fluve is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, veteran status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. All inquiries will be handled confidentially.
- This position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Inter-Fluve cannot support international work visas.
- If you would like to apply, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter via email to [email protected]. Please include “CAD Drafter” in the subject line.