Project & Office Administrator
Firm Description: Since 1984, Inter-Fluve has been a leading water resources science and engineering firm specializing in river restoration. We have worked across the United States and internationally on projects that include dam removal, aquatic habitat restoration, wetlands assessment, floodplain restoration, watershed analysis, estuary restoration, and other water-related projects. Our dedicated team of 50 self-starting professionals share their passion for nature through their service to our clients. Throughout our history the corporate focus has always been on an ever-increasing desire to explore, question, and advance our craft from the knowledge and experience passed down from those who came before and that we gain through collaboration with others. We are an employee-owned company and firmly believe our success lies within our wonderful team members.
Please get to know us better by visiting our website at: www.interfluve.com
We are currently seeking an organized, motivated, and positive Project & Office Administrator to join our team in Saint Paul, Minnesota. The Project Administrator is a full-time role and will work collaboratively with our accounting team, project managers and technical staff to conduct project set up and ongoing administration for our nation-wide group. The ideal person has excellent time management and prioritization skills, has a passion for working with and helping others, and is looking to continuously enhance their expertise and take on additional responsibilities.
Location: St. Paul, MN (currently office work is primarily remote to reduce spread of COVID)
- Support multiple Project Managers and leadership team in project financial tracking, accounting, client billing, and record keeping.
- Set up and review new projects in accounting system, Deltek Ajera.
- Be responsible for project accounting file organization, documentation management, and project closeout.
- Invoice projects monthly based on contract language and in collaboration with Project Managers.
- Assist in contracts administration and related duties such as working with insurance broker to obtain insurance certificates for projects.
- Data entry tasks include but may not be limited to: reviewing and entering vendor and subcontractor invoices, updating vendor details as needed and managing contracts file organization.
- Proactively collaborate with a variety of staff members at all levels to anticipate project needs.
- Assist in additional general administrative tasks as needed for the Saint Paul office.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving, multi-tasking, and a keen attention to detail.
- The ability to work with a variety of personalities and professional styles with ease.
- Experience managing multiple assignments with overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Pro-active work style and willingness to follow-up with staff to obtain information needed for billing.
- A team and customer service oriented philosophy with the ability to be flexible while adhering to client needs.
- Curiosity and willingness/ability to ask questions and seek out answers paired with a reliable and thorough work ethic.
- BA, BS, or Associates degree and some work experience. All educational backgrounds will be considered.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Appreciation of the outdoors.
- Experience or knowledge of creating invoices for clients based on contract language.
- Previous experience with Architecture/Engineering, (A/E), accounting software.
- Training and/or experience in contract development and contract review for an A/E firm.
Inter-Fluve, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package that includes paid time off, health plan, 401k with match, and more.
Inter-Fluve is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, veteran status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. All inquiries will be handled confidentially.
If you would like to apply, please submit a Resume & Cover Letter via email to [email protected]. Please reference “Project & Office Administrator” in your subject line.