Senior Financial and Contract Manager
Inter-Fluve, Inc. has an immediate, full-time opening for a Senior Financial and Contract Manager position in our Hood River, Oregon or Saint Paul, Minnesota office. The ideal candidate is well organized, collaborative, resourceful, innovative, and pays great attention to detail. This person will be a motivated quick learner and have a great attitude with follow through. The person will be able to juggle multiple tasks and work with a range of staff across the country.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply, please submit a Resume & Cover Letter via email to [email protected]. Please include “Senior Financial and Contract Manager” in the subject line.
Since 1984, Inter-Fluve has been a leading water resources science and engineering firm specializing in river restoration. We have worked across the United States and internationally on projects that include dam removal, aquatic habitat restoration, wetlands assessment, floodplain restoration, watershed analysis, estuary restoration, and other water-related projects.
Our dedicated team of professionals share their passion for nature through their service to our clients. We apply a broad range of science and engineering skills to investigate and design restoration, enhancement, and recovery solutions for degraded riverine, wetland, estuarine, and lake environments. Throughout our history, our company’s focus has always been to collaborate, explore, question, and advance our craft.
Visit our website to learn more about our story at www.interfluve.com.
Location: Hood River, Oregon (preferred) or Saint Paul, Minnesota
This position is based out of our Hood River or Saint Paul office, and will ideally be in the office 5 days week. The nature of this position requires frequent office presence to engage personally with administrative and technical staff. This position may frequently require work beyond 40 hours a week.
Quarterly travel to Bozeman, Montana, or in person meetings in other company offices for a minimum of three full days in the office is required for the first 18 months of the position to support training and coordination with our CFO.
Support Business Development efforts by reviewing potential clients Requests for Proposals or other solicitations for services for referenced or included contractual terms and assist with proposal cost and price. When applicable, create teaming agreements and/or subcontract terms. Perform basic review of proposed budget before client submission and ensure project scope has been reviewed by our technical team
Review or create client contracts for consulting services to prevent potential disputes and reduce financial risks. Analyze contract clauses, stipulations, obligations, and liabilities. Recommend and draft contract provisions and amendments. Review sub-consultant contract terms and conditions. Coordinate with the CFO and CEO on response to contract issues that are unusual or fall outside of insurance limits. During periods of high contract review demand, additional contract review will be supported by the CFO, CEO, and one other part-time staff member.
The administrative team is currently comprised of five staff and the CFO, all of whom are responsible for invoicing clients. This position would be responsible for some project invoicing, but primarily manages the contracting and invoicing process across the entire admin team. That support is anticipated to include working with project managers to resolve invoicing delays and questions, ensuring administrative staff are effectively following up with project managers, and providing quality control of invoices to ensure they adhere to internal standards and contract requirements.
The position will report directly to the CFO.
- Review and actively support quality assurance plan for contract review, sub-consultant contracting, project set-up, invoicing, accounts receivable, and project close-out.
- Provide quality control of project administration process.
- Support accountability of administrative and project management staff to achieve timely invoicing of all projects.
- Prepare contractual agreements using current Inter-Fluve template, a knowledge of a client’s needs, and understanding of Inter-Fluve’s ability to fulfill its requirements.
- Review contract terms and conditions provided by clients to verify that they are in compliance. with Inter-Fluve policies, insurance policies, and industry (ACEC, ASCE) standards of practice.
- Clearly explain contract terminology to clients, Inter-Fluve staff, and other interested parties in simple, everyday language.
- Self-monitor progress and schedule, manage contract prioritization with the CFO and CEO, and strive to deliver all documents in a timely manner.
- Proofread, edit, and fact-check legal documents for accuracy and consistency.
- Develop sub-consulting agreements based on established Inter-Fluve templates.
- Collaborate with administrative and technical team.
- Experience or familiarity with SAM.gov and CPARS reporting.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Approximately 10 years of professional work experience in a management role.
- MS/MA degree in accounting, finance, business administration, business law, or operations management preferred, or comparable professional experience.
- Knowledge of current and legally-binding contractual language and terminology, ideally within the A/E industry.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and suggest solutions for contractual conflicts.
- Clear adherence to company policies and procurement rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of contractual negotiation best practices.
- Position requires some travel to other offices (~10%). Also see position description note on travel for initial travel expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organization skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask on several projects and staff simultaneously.
- Ability to work under multiple deadline pressures required.
- Some lifting and/or moving of equipment and/or supplies.
- Car and valid driver’s license.
Benefits & Additional Information
Inter-Fluve, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package that includes paid time off, nine paid holidays, 100% employer paid health plan, 401k with employer contribution after waiting period, paid family and medical leave, and more.
The anticipated salary range for this position is between $95,000-$115,000, depending on experience and qualifications.
This position will remain open until filled. Inter-Fluve cannot support international work visas.
Inter-Fluve is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, veteran status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. All inquiries will be handled confidentially.