Sr. Water Resources Engineer/Project Manager
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Engineer and Project Manager in our Saint Paul, Minnesota office to support the ongoing growth of the organization and to collaborate with our professional staff to serve our clients. This is a full-time position.
Firm Description: For more than 35 years Inter-Fluve has been on the forefront of river restoration. Our interdisciplinary team integrates biological and physical sciences with engineering to develop solutions to complex puzzles interplaying between fish, wildlife, estuaries, wetlands and humans in systems ranging from alpine to coastal, rural to urban. We work across the US and internationally on projects that include dam removal, watershed planning, fish habitat restoration and recovery, wetland recreation, estuary restoration, river bank stabilization, and other water-related projects. Throughout our history, our focus has been to explore, question, and advance our craft – building from past experience and through interdisciplinary collaboration.
Our dedicated team of motivated professionals share their passion for natural resources through their service to clients.
Visit our website to learn more about our story at www.interfluve.com.
Position Description: Inter-Fluve is seeking a Senior Engineer and Project Manager to primarily support Midwest projects, but also to support our national and international aquatic restoration consulting practice. The ideal candidate will have experience/training in engineering, hydrology, hydraulics, fluvial processes, and geomorphology to be able to assist in the assessment, design, and construction of river, estuary, stream, and wetland restoration projects.
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working on river, stream, wetland and floodplain restoration projects is strongly preferred
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience or training in a relevant field
- Professional Engineering Licensure
- Valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated passion for and experience with river and wetland restoration, including commitment to staying at the forefront of their craft.
- Experience in engineering hydrology, open channel hydraulics, and water resources design engineering
- Training and/or experience in fluvial processes and stream geomorphology
- Experience in hydraulic modeling, including HEC-RAS
- Experience with preparation of construction documents including plans, specifications and opinions of probable construction costs
- Experience with construction observation and construction administration and engineering
- Commitment to equity and inclusion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to periodically travel within the region and nationally for field and office work, occasionally for extended periods (multiple weeks).
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Training and/or experience with topographic surveying using total station or GPS-RTK equipment
- Training and/or experience in hydraulic or sedimentation engineering, river mechanics, and fish passage engineering
- Familiarity in the fields of aquatic ecology, fisheries, and botany
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the public and oppositional stakeholder groups
- UAV pilot license
- Inter-Fluve offers a competitive compensation package that includes paid time off, health plan, 401(k) plan with match, and more.
- Inter-Fluve is an employee-owned business with stock ownership options available to eligible employees.
- Inter-Fluve is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, veteran status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Black, indigenous, and people of color are encouraged to apply. All inquiries will be handled confidentially.
- This position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- If you would like to apply, please submit a Resume & Cover Letter via email to [email protected]