Water Resources Engineer/EIT – Hood River, OR
We have a current opening for an early to mid-career staff engineer based out of our Hood River, Oregon office. This position is full-time.
Firm Description: Since 1984, Inter-Fluve has been a leading water resources science and engineering firm specializing in river restoration. We have worked across the United States and internationally on projects that include dam removal, aquatic habitat restoration, wetlands assessment, floodplain restoration, watershed analysis, estuary restoration, and other water-related projects.
Our dedicated team of professionals share their passion for nature through service to our clients. We apply a broad range of science and engineering skills to investigate and design restoration, enhancement, and recovery solutions for degraded riverine, wetland, estuarine and lake environments. Throughout our history, our company’s focus has always been to collaborate, explore, question, and advance our craft.
Visit our website to learn more about our story at www.interfluve.com.
Position Description: We are seeking a water resources engineer or engineer-in-training to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience and education in a core discipline relevant to water resources engineering and/or restoration. The candidate should have a firm understanding of river and wetland ecosystem processes and have experience/training in engineering, hydrology, fluvial processes, and geomorphology to be able to assist in assessment, analysis, design, and implementation of river, estuarine, and wetland restoration projects.
Location: Hood River, Oregon
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent, with emphasis in water resources natural systems engineering or similar.
- PE or EIT license, or the ability to obtain such licensure within 6 months of hire date.
- Training or experience using AutoCAD/Civil 3D and hydraulic modeling software (eg, HEC-RAS 1D and 2D).
- Passion for aquatic ecosystem science or engineering and for restoration of aquatic systems.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively both as part of a team and independently.
- Willingness to travel for up to 7 days at a time for projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Curiosity and willingness/ability to ask questions and seek out answers.
- Commitment to equity and inclusion.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- A minimum of 2 years of industry experience working on river, stream, wetland, or floodplain restoration projects is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of industry experience using Autodesk Civil 3D and HEC-RAS 1D and 2D for design development is strongly preferred.
- Experience or training in sediment transport, river mechanics, and/or fish passage engineering.
- Experience with topographic or bathymetric surveying including with GPS RTK, Total Station, sonar, or UAV-based methods.
- Experience with scientific field surveys and sampling techniques for rivers and wetlands.
- Wetland delineation training or certification.
- Construction oversight or management experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues of aquatic restoration from a non-white perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the public and other stakeholder groups.
- Inter-Fluve, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package that includes paid time off, health plan, 401k with match, and more.
- Inter-Fluve is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, veteran status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. All inquiries will be handled confidentially.
- This position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- If you would like to apply, please submit a Resume & Cover Letter via email to [email protected]. Include “Water Resources Engineer” in the subject line.