Water Resources Engineer/EIT
We have a current opening for a full-time, early career staff engineer or engineer-in-training based out of our Hood River, Oregon office.
How to Apply
- If you would like to apply, please submit a Resume & Cover Letter via email to [email protected].
Since 1984, Inter-Fluve has been a leading water resources science and engineering firm specializing in river restoration. We have worked across the United States and internationally on projects that include dam removal, aquatic habitat restoration, wetlands assessment, floodplain restoration, watershed analysis, estuary restoration, and other water-related projects.
Our dedicated team of professionals share their passion for nature through their service to our clients. We apply a broad range of science and engineering skills to investigate and design restoration, enhancement, and recovery solutions for degraded riverine, wetland, estuarine and lake environments. Throughout our history, our company’s focus has always been to collaborate, explore, question, and advance our craft.
Visit our website to learn more about our story at www.interfluve.com.
We are seeking a staff engineer, or engineer-in-training to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a degree in water resources engineering and professional experience in restoration practice. The candidate should have an understanding of and experience with river and wetland ecosystem processes and be able to assist in various aspects of data collection, analysis, design, and implementation of river, estuarine, and wetland restoration projects.
Location: Hood River, OR
This position is based out of our Hood River office, and will be expected to be in the office at least 3 days a week, Monday – Friday. Employees may elect to work from home up to 2 days a week if and when job duties allow (e.g. field work and in person meetings take precedence.)
- Postgraduate degree or Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent, with emphasis in water resources natural systems engineering or similar and two to five years work experience in water resources engineering.
- PE or EIT license, or the ability to obtain such licensure within six months of hire date.
- Passion for aquatic ecosystem science or engineering and for restoration of aquatic systems.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively both as part of a team as well as independently.
- Experience in one or more software programs used for analysis, communication, and design, including Autodesk Civil 3D, ArcGIS, HEC-RAS, Excel.
- Willingness to travel for up to 7 days at a time for projects.
- Ability to practice self-reflection and continually seeks to advance communication skills.
- Commitment to equity and inclusion.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Professional experience with river, stream, estuarine, wetland and/or floodplain restoration projects.
- Experience with hydraulic analysis and modeling, specifically expertise with HEC-RAS 2D.
- Experience with topographic or bathymetric surveying including with GPS RTK, Total Station, sonar, or UAV-based methods.
- Experience with scientific field surveys and sampling techniques for rivers and wetlands.
- Construction oversight or management experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues of aquatic restoration from a non-white perspective (for example, Indigenous, Black, and/or Latinx relationships to water and place).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the public and diverse stakeholder groups.
- Prepare reports for smaller projects or chapter-size elements in larger reports or work products.
- Carry responsibility for design/completion of programs such as field investigations or numerical modeling.
- Carry responsibility for timely completion of timesheets, turning in expenses, keeping hours within budget and meeting deadlines.
- Effectively manage short- and long-term workload to meet deadlines while maintaining utilization.
- Attend site visits and conduct field work.
- Participate in performance feedback discussions, seek out work, give and receive feedback.
- May lead internal technical discussions with project teams.
Benefits & Additional Information
Inter-Fluve, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package that includes paid time off, nine paid holidays, 100% employer paid health plan, 401k with employer contribution after waiting period, paid family and medical leave, and more.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Inter-Fluve is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, veteran status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. All inquiries will be handled confidentially.